What do I need to know before donating?
- All donors are required to show identification with a photo or signature.
- All donors will complete a registration form and health history questionnaire. A confidential review of the health history questions and a mini physical will be performed by a highly trained staff person. Your pulse, blood pressure, temperature and hemoglobin level are checked.
- All materials used throughout the process are sterile and disposable. They are used once and properly discarded.
- A whole blood donor needs to plan on being with us for approximately 1hour. The actual donation only takes approximately 10 minutes, but the process described above brings the time to just about 1 hour.
- After your donation, you will be asked to relax and enjoy light refreshments before you resume your normal activities.